Nature based Entrepreneurship
29 January 2020, 14:00 - 15:00
This webinar will revisit STEP 4 | COMMIT & PLAN of the integrated management approach of the UrbanByNature programme. Research and SME representatives from Europe and Brazil will share insights on the topic of Nature-based Entrepreneurship (NBEs). This topic is highly relevant in the present time, in which discussions on how to support and increase the provision of nature-based solutions – including products and services offered by NBEs – are ongoing.
In this webinar, participants will hear from:
- Siobhan McQuaid, Head of Innovation, Centre for Social Innovation, Trinity College Dublin, TCD, Ireland
- Gerardo González, R&D&i Project Manager, Bioazul, Spain
- Guilherme Castagna, Civil Enginner and Permaculture Designer, Fluxus Design Ecológico, Brazil
The webinar will be moderated by Daniela Rizzi (ICLEI Europe) and Sophia Picarelli (ICLEI South America).
The webinar will answer the following questions:
- What is Nature-based Entrepreneurship (NBE)?
- What are some examples of NNEs?
- What are some products, solutions or services for NBS on offer?
- What challenges and barriers are faced during start-up and growth of NBEs?
- What is the role of city/regional authorities in supporting NBEs?
A webinar agenda will be shared soon.
To register for the webinar, click here and enter the requested details. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to join the webinar.
Image (Unsplash) by "Christian Joudrey"