The Nature of Cities Summit
4 - 7 June 2019
To propel a movement for collaborative green cities, join us for the first ever gathering of The Nature of Cities community: the TNOC Summit, 4-7 June 2019 in Paris, France.
A first-ever gathering of The Nature of Cities community where thought leaders from communities of practice, policy, and academia come together to discuss the nature of cities—green cities that are better for people and nature. The TNOC Summit will be a gathering unlike any before in its commitment to convening diverse voices and actors in support of propelling a movement for collaborative green cities.
Green design and nature are fundamental to cities that are just, livable, healthy, resilient, and sustainable. A unified vision and collaboration across disciplines, ways of knowing, and modes of action will be required to achieve such cities.
So, how can we collaborate to create green cities—cities that are better for both people and nature, cities that combine knowledge and action? We need to inspire and propel a movement for truly transdisciplinary ideas for green cities. With the TNOC Summit, we aspire to change the process of city building through interactive sessions and workshops that join thought leaders, knowledge creators, practitioners, and stakeholders from diverse disciplines, ways of knowing, and modes of action.
We imagine this convening as a design meeting working from the premise that cities are both ecological and social spaces:
- a planners’ meeting that interacts with artists;
- a meeting in which practitioners meet scientists as a matter of course, in curated encounters;
- a meeting balanced between the global South and global North, and balanced between thought and action;
- a meeting in which the vision for cities integrates justice, livability, health, resilience, and sustainability;
- a meeting about integrated ideas that can inform and evolve into leadership about the cities we need.
Learn more about the event here.
Registration is now open.